The promenade is located directly in the city centre at the Nordhausen city theatre on the city wall and is part of the historical city walk around the Nordhausen centre.
It is the first park that was created by the city gardeners in the 19th century. On 200 m² they planted roses in raised beds which one then "promenaded" past. This is how the park got its name.
There is a small playground here. On a sandy area surrounded by benches and bushes, a climbing frame and a slide invite you to play. Several small, creative play stations are located on the opposite meadow.
In the front area, the city of Nordhausen created the garden of town twinning a few years ago. The guest gifts of the twin towns Ostrów Wielkopolski, Charleville-Mézières, Bochum and Antwerp - larger-than-life sculptures and landmarks of the towns - found their place here.
In the upper part of the promenade stands the Neptune Fountain with a bronze sculpture from 1828, created by sculptor Ernst Rietschel (1804-1861). The Neptune Fountain once stood on the Kornmarkt and was moved to the Promenade in 1935.
The promenade has a direct connection to the Nordhausen tram.